Info for Vendors
2018 Market Season
Special Plant Sale Season Opener! SUNDAY June 10, 9 am – 12 noon
Regular Season: Saturdays from June 16 to Oct. 6 (Thanksgiving weekend)
9:30 am to 1 pm
Royal Canadian Legion, Branch #225
4556 Highway 11/17
Kakabeka Farmer’s Market
c/o Wendy O’Connor
PO Box 10012
Thunder Bay, ON P7B 6T6
A True Farmers’ Market
Over 50% of Kakabeka Farmers’ Market’s (KFM’s) vendors are farm food product vendors (vendors who sell foods from their own farms, or prepared with products from their own farms). Thus, the Market receives the Thunder Bay District Health Unit’s “Farmers’ Market Exemption,” whereby vendors of home-prepared foods may sell them at our Market, without individual kitchen inspection by the Health Unit. The Market itself, including vendors’ products, is subject to health inspection by the Health Unit.
Kakabeka Farmers’ Market is the only farmers’ market in Northern Ontario to meet the Ontario Food Premises Regulations’ definition of a “Farmers’ Market” – something to be proud of!
We also make room for other locally produced goods, farm products, and ecologically sound products.
Guidelines for Vendors 2018
Vendor set-up: The Legion building is open by 8:30 am. Vendors are asked to be set up and open for business by 9:30 am. Market hours are 9:30 am to 1 pm.
Vendor displays: Vendors are encouraged to create an attractive display at their table. Signs indicating who you are and what you sell, and prices, are helpful to customers and increase your sales.
Indoor tables: One 8′ table per spot is supplied for indoor vendors. Electric hook-up is available at no extra charge – let us know if you need electricity so we can locate you close to an outlet.
Outdoor spaces: Outdoor vendors must supply their own tables. An umbrella or canopy is also recommended. Please secure your canopy or umbrella so that it does not blow down or endanger customers.
Table location: The Market Manager will determine the best location for vendors. Generally, tables are first-come first-served on each Saturday. If a regular Saturday vendor has a customary spot, we encourage other vendors to be courteous. Volunteers are not able to monitor all spots. New vendors – please see Market Manager when you arrive.
Food vendors must also submit to TBDHU a “Farmers’ Market Food Vendor Application”. You can submit this in two ways:
1. Download the following PDF, fill it out and send it to TBDHU at the address on the form. “Farmers Market Food Vendor Application PDF.”
2. *NEW* fill out the form online at the TBDHU website: http://www.tbdhu.com/contact/food_vendor_application_farmer_s
- Vendor Products: KFM is a producer-based farmers’ market. We promote the sale of locally produced goods of many kinds.
- Products must comply with Provincial or Federal regulations (example: all eggs sold must be graded, and all meat must be inspected, at a government-approved facility).
- Prepared foods must be labelled with vendor name and contact info, and an accurate list of ingredients.
- Canning must be presented in new jars with new rings/lids.
- Baking/candy for sale must be covered or packaged.
Vendor Table Fees 2018
Table Fee per Saturday
Paid on the market day:
Indoor tables: $15
Outdoor spaces: $10
Full Season Pre-pay Discount, indoor only:
Pay for the whole season (17 Saturdays) by June 10, for only $200 ($55 off)!
Please register for the season by June 10, to ensure you get a spot, and help us plan! New vendors may join the Market at any time during the Market season, subject to space availability and management approval.Please contact us by mail or email – contact info is at the top of this page.
To apply to be a 2018 vendor, please download our 2018 KFM Vendor Information Pamphlet.